Director of Culture & Enrichment
BS in Computer Science/Physics, Columbia University; MA in Secondary Mathematics Education, City College of New York
- Teaching in Mathematics and Technology – Hemanth taught mathematics and technology courses to high school students from 9th to 12th grade for five years, in both English and Spanish.
- Technology Integration – Hemanth created curricula for project-based courses in computer programming, web page design, and robotics. He also trained colleagues to integrate tools such as the graphing calculator and SMART Board into their lessons, and to design course websites to improve student, parent, and teacher communication.
- Test Preparation and Assessment Design – Hemanth is a standardized test expert. As a teacher and private tutor, he has coached students to excel in NY Regents, Advanced Placement, SAT, SAT II, ACT and SHSAT exams. He currently teaches GMAT preparation to MBA candidates for Manhattan GMAT and has co-authored several curricular materials.
- Special Events and Community Involvement – As Coordinator of Student Activities at LDBHS, Hemanth oversaw the student government and organized numerous events and programs such as cultural celebrations, fundraisers, talent shows, school dances, and senior prom, unifying the community and building school morale.
- Student Mindfulness and Emotional Well-Being – Hemanth has been a motivational speaker at NYC schools and has served as an instructor in the Youth Empowerment Seminar, stressing positivity and teaching students to transcend influences that devalue education in their lives.